ISO 22000 (Food Safety Management Systems) is an international standard for managing food safety in any business involved in handling food or food production-related materials.
This standard has been designed to develop the requirements of ISO 9001:2000 so that the specific requirements of food businesses for effective food safety systems are addressed. Although independent of ISO 9001, companies already certified to ISO 9001 can easily extend their systems to achieve certification under ISO 22000.
The standard includes requirements for a HACCP system, as defined by the Codex Alimentarius Commission, combined with prerequisite programmes (PRPs) to ensure that a managed and auditable system of food safety controls is established.
ISO 22000 certification will bring the following benefits to your business:
- A real international standard which is not owned by any national group
- Applies to all organizations in the food supply chain which could help to define food chain-assurance requirements
- Complies with the Codex HACCP principles
- Provides communication of HACCP concepts internationally
- An auditable standard which provides a framework for third-party certification
- Suitable for regulators
- The structure aligns with the management system clauses of ISO 9001 and ISO 14001, providing a straightforward route to assure complete food business management systems
- Facilitates communication about hazards with partners in the supply chain
- Resource optimization internally and along the food chain
- Drives development and improvement of business management systems
- A systematic and proactive approach to identification of food safety hazards and development and implementation of control measures which has international recognition
Availability - We answer the phone: so give us a call using the contact details to the right (or drop us an email).
Experience - Kiwa PAI is a very experienced UK Certification Body.
Expertise - Kiwa PAI carries out assessment, reporting and certification using expert assessors at competitive prices.
Speed - Kiwa PAI is renowned for reacting quickly and carrying out assessments at short notice.
Confidence - shows the customer that the producer has robust product safety systems in place to allow for confidence in the supply of a safe, legal and quality product.
Who is this for?
Any business in the entire food chain ranging from primary producers at farm and animal feed levels through food manufacturers, transport and storage to retail and food service businesses. It also covers inter-related businesses such as packaging, equipment manufacturers, cleaning chemical suppliers etc.
ISO 22000 is also for companies seeking to integrate their quality, for example ISO 9001, and their food safety management systems.
What to do next
For a quick, competitive quotation please email or call us using the contact details to the right.
Kiwa PAI is able to offer a fully accredited assessment against this standard or pre-assessments which will highlight improvements required to company systems to enable compliance with the standard requirements.