Solid Fuel Appliance Testing
We operate an unrivalled testing facility for manufacturers of wood and mineral fuelled appliances.
For over two decades we have been helping manufacturers to address their responsibilities under the legislation affecting solid fuel fired appliances.
Since July 2013 it has been mandatory for many domestic products to be tested under the Construction Products Regulations. Appliances include:
- Open fires (to EN 13229)
- Closed roomheaters (to EN 13240)
- Free standing boilers (to EN 12809)
- Cookers (to EN 12815)
- Pellet Roomheaters (to EN 14785)
We also offer a complete test solution for:
- DEFRA smoke exemption
- RHI certification
- MCS accreditation services
- Electrical safety (EN 60335-1)
- Electromagnetic Compatibility
It is also mandatory for automatic boilers (over a certain output) to comply with the Machinery Directive. We provide a complete service for:
- Testing to EN 3035
- RHI emissions certificates
- Smoke exemption
- We have on-site and laboratory test capability
We are also accredited to test to the standards covering pellet stoves and boilers.
We are HETAS's accredited laboratory in the UK and work closely with them to ensure that compliant products are listed within their Official Guide.