Sports Stadia Barrier Testing
Our Structural Investigation division has been involved with the risk assessments and testing of crush barriers and the like for over 20 years. Several serious crowd related accidents have occurred in sports grounds over the years which have led to increased Health & Safety awareness and the requirement for safety certification to be in place.
Our complete cost-effective risk-assessment, inspection and testing service has been employed by many authorities and Stadia management companies in the UK which include:
- Old Trafford (Manchester Utd FC)
- Stamford Bridge (Chelsea FC)
- Ascot Racecourse
- Aintree Racecourse
- Headingley Rugby Stadium
- Trent Bridge Cricket Ground
Our broader structures testing services include:
- Inspection and testing of reinforced concrete structures
- Half-cell potential, depth of carbonation, cover to reinforcement and resistivity
- Concrete core and dust sampling for laboratory analysis
- Diamond core sampling of concrete and bituminous highway construction
- Surveys of structures for high alumina cement (HAC) and chemical attack
- In situ load testing on holding-down bolts, fixings and lift beams etc
- Risk assessment and in situload testing of barriers at sports stadia
- Surface slip and skid resistance
- Full scale structural load testing
- Concrete floor slab testing
- Relative humidity monitoring
- Inspection and testing of steel lighting columns
- Bond / pull off testing
Methodologies combined with the specific expertise and knowledge results in a quality testing operation for a range of structures including:
- Sports stadia
- Road, rail and river bridges
- Sea defences
- Multi-storey car parks
- Commercial and domestic properties
- Street Lighting
We are a UKAS accredited testing laboratory (No.0529) for this scope of accreditations.
Who is this for?
Club and Stadia officials with the responsibility of ensuring that the recommendations given in the HMSO publication ‘Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds’ (Green Guide) fourth edition are implemented.
We respond quickly, we are experts in our field, we are competitively priced, and the results of our investigations are put into clear, detailed, informative reports.