CCN1 Domestic Gas Training
To book a course, please call us on 01242 662121 or email email@example.com
Existing or new plumbing and heating engineers who wish to renew their competencies or progress their career to work on natural gas fired appliances.
Successful completion of CCN1 provides a route to the following training modules:
- CKR1 Cookers
- HTR1 Heaters
- WAT1 Water Heaters
- CEN1 Central Heating
- MET1 Meters
- LAU1 Laundry
- DAH1 Warm Air Units
- City & Guilds craft certificate or NVQ level 2 or equivalent
- a written summary of your 'on the job' work experience
- an evidence portfolio (6 installations minimum)
- CCN1 re-assessment can take place up to 6 months before the expiry date. It must take place within the 12 months following the expiry date. It is illegal to install domestic gas appliances without a valid CCN1 qualification
- Any operative undertaking gas assessment for the first time must complete a training programme
- For further guidance on pre-requisites please see Form G8 and Form G8 Appendix
Theory and Practical assessment
3 days training and 2 days assessment
Successful completion of this course will enable an engineer to register with Gas Safe.
Up to half a day per module for initial assessment.
- Candidates can undertake re-assessment of any element up to 6 months early without losing any time.
- Candidates must produce any previous certificates as demonstrable evidence prior to reassessment.
- All candidates who wish to undertake gas training and or assessment must produce evidence of their qualifications and meet required category 1 or 2 or meet the following criteria:
- Category 1 candidate is someone who is a fully experienced gas operative possessing a gas fitting qualification or certificates of gas safety competence.Category 2 candidate is someone who is:
- already involved in a trade associated with gas work, e.g. plumbing
- who holds a nationally recognised qualification e.g. NVQ or City & Guilds craft certificate for the associated trade association