CCN1 Domestic Gas Training
To book a course, please call us on 01242 662121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
CCN1 (Domestic Gas Safety) is the core qualification and is required before attaining other additional gas appliance qualifications.
For existing plumbing and heating engineers renewing gas qualifications.
- CCN1 re-assessment can take place up to 6 months early without losing time
- Candidates must produce any original previous certificates as demonstrable evidence prior to reassessment
For new entrants into the gas industry who have completed a recognised plumbing qualification or have completed the NICEIC Elementary Gas Course.
- City & Guilds craft certificate or NVQ level 2 or equivalent, and
- a written summary of your 'on the job' work experience, and
- an evidence portfolio with a minimum of 6 different gas appliance installations
For further guidance on pre-requisites please see Suitable Qualifications and Non Suitable Qualifications.
Theory and practical assessment.
Up to 5 days
Successful completion of this course will enable the holder of the Certificate of Competence to apply to the Gas Safe Register so that gas work can be undertaken legally within the scope of the Gas Safety In Use Regulations (GSIUR).
Any operatives undertaking gas assessment for the first time must complete a recognised training programme.
Candidates can undertake re-assessment of any element up to 6 months early without losing any time, but must take place within 12 months following the certificate expiry date.
All candidates who wish to undertake gas training and/or assessment must produce evidence of their qualifications and meet required category 1 or 2 or the following criteria:
- Category 1 candidate is someone who is a fully experienced gas operative and has a gas fitting qualification or certificates of gas safety competence.
- Category 2 candidate is someone who is:
- already involved in a trade associated with gas work e.g. plumbing, or
- holds a nationally recognised qualification e.g. NVQ or City & Guilds craft certificate for the associated trade association.
Successful completion of the core assessment (CCN1) provides a route to the following training modules:
- CKR1 Cookers
- HTR1 Heaters
- CENWAT Central heating and water heaters
- MET1 Meters
- LAU1 Laundry
- DAH1 Warm Air Units
- LEI1 Natural gas leisure and miscellaneous appliances