CoDNC01 Domestic to Commercial Gas Safety
To book a course, please call us on 01242 662121 or email email@example.com
The domestic gas installer who wants to convert their Domestic Core Gas qualification (CCN1) to Commercial Core COCN1). Many of the elements from the domestic core course would have already been covered in CCN1 assessment, therefore it is not always necessary to undertake the complete core course for a specific range of appliances as a changeover assessment can be obtained.
Theory and practical assessment
Initial assessment is 3 days training and 1 day assessment, reassessment is 2 days training and 1 day assessment
Once you have completed the assessment, this provides you with the core qualification to progress onto the appliance modules for commercial gas.
- Candidates can undertake re-assessment of any element up to 6 months early without losing any time.
- Candidates must produce any previous certificates as demonstrable evidence prior to reassessment.
- All candidates who wish to undertake gas training and or assessment must produce evidence of their qualifications and meet required category 1 or 2 or meet the following criteria:
- Category 1 candidate is someone who is a fully experienced gas operative possessing a gas fitting qualification or certificates of gas safety competence.Category 2 candidate is someone who is:
- already involved in a trade associated with gas work, e.g. plumbing
- who holds a nationally recognised qualification e.g. NVQ or City & Guilds craft certificate for the associated trade association