Kiwa UK is helping to introduce its sister company UNAVIAcert the Aerospace Certification Body.
A principle factor in the performance and prosperity of an organisation is the quality of its products or services. Performance measures are at the very heart of an organisations continued growth.
There is a continuing trend towards more stringent customer expectations with regard to quality and reliability within the aerospace and defence sector. Accompanying this trend is the high profile and importance placed on AS 9100 to drive consistent quality and reliability through the supply chain.
AS9100 rev D is scheduled to be published in October 2016.
AS 9100 is the adopted QMS (Quality Management System) Standard for the aerospace and defence sector.
In support of business process improvement and compliance, we’re offering an intense 1 or 2 day programme for the development and implementation of AS 9100: 2016 (Rev D).
AS9100 Course Background & Description
AS 9100 was released in October 1999 by the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) and the European Association of Aerospace Industries. AS 9100 replaces the earlier AS 9000 and fully incorporates the entirety of the current version of ISO 9001 with the additional and specific requirements relating to critical component - in-process quality control, materials traceability testing, inspection competence and product safety issues. Major aerospace producers and suppliers worldwide require (UKAS and or ANAB) accredited certification against AS 9100 as prerequisite to contract.
AS9100 is the adopted aerospace Quality Management System Standard.
The objective of this training programme is to practically explain the AS 9100 :2016 requirements and the revised assessment approach, as adopted by the certification body assessors. The training programme will explain how to achieve effective compliance against the AS 9100 :2016 by selected revisions to existing procedural obligations – ensuring a smooth transition from ISO 9001 to AS 9100 and or the continued improvement of existing management systems.
In summary, the course sessions include:
- Explaining the AS 9100 :2016 requirements (and information about the pending :2016)
- Implementation requirements of AS 9100 (the detail and relation to ISO 9001)
- PEM’s - process effectiveness measures (what customers require)
- Process based procedures – input and output measurement requirements
- Certification approach to assessment against AS 9100 (what assessors look for)
- Internal auditing and reporting requirements against AS 9100 (demonstrating compliance)
AS 9100 certification allows an organisation to:
- Ensures inclusion on the Online Aerospace Supplier Information System (OASIS) database
- Demonstrates commitment to customers and stakeholders
- Demonstrates an innovative and forward thinking approach
- Increase access to new customers and business partners
- Better manage your risks, traceability and archives - now and in the future
- A tool for productivity improvement and waste reduction
- Enhanced reputation, leading to business success
The training programme is aimed at business managers and management representatives responsible for development, implementation or continued compliance against AS 9100 (and 9110 / 9120) and elements of Nadcap (testing) with consideration to aerospace. Delegates should have an understanding and working knowledge of quality management systems (from manufacturing, service, research and or the laboratory environment).
A true practitioner from the aerospace and defence engineering sector, David Burns has over 20 years experience of consultancy and training experience, both within the UK and internationally.
Regularly contracted by major government institutions, accreditation and certification bodies and locally based aerospace, defence and precision engineering industries; having completed over 500 “quality management” projects worldwide – specialising in legal metrology, standards, testing and quality management – and contract compliance matters within the aerospace and defence engineering sector.
AS9100 Course Programme
- Quality Management – AS 9100 Awareness Principles & Implementation Techniques
- The Standard Requirements & Management System Structures
- Performance Indicators – PEM’s
- Internal Auditor & Audit Reporting Requirements (monitoring PEM’s)
- Case Studies & Workshops – Company Examples