Biomass MCS Certification
Kiwa provides MCS certification for biomass boilers and roomheaters (MCS 008).
These are appliances designed and tested to burn only solid renewable biofuels, with a nominal heat output up to 45kW, to meet one of the following standards:
- EN 13240:2001 + A2:2004 - Requirements and test methods for roomheaters fired by solid fuel.
- EN 14785:2006 - Requirements and test methods for residential space heating appliances fired by wood pellets.
- EN 12809:2001 + A1:2004 - Requirements and test methods for residential independent boilers fired by solid fuel. Nominal heat output to 50kW.
- EN 303-5:2012 - Terminology, requirements, testing and marking for heating boilers for solid fuels, manually and automatically stoked, nominal heat output of up to 500kW.
- MCS 008 Annex A (for condensing heating boilers designed for burning EN plus A1 wood pellets).
We offer a complete biomass appliance MCS certification service. Please contact us for more information, or submit this MCS Product Application Form
If you need a biomass product testing we have an ISO 17025 accredited test laboratory.
If you are using another body for MCS Certification, but need to arrange for an MCS 010 factory production control audit to be carried out, we can provide this.